What is PUREDERMA
A non-surgical skin treatment using micro-needling and radio-frequency to precisely target areas of concern. The radiofrequency generates dermal heating from 55°C to 65°C to energise the skin, trigger new collagen production, and simultaneously penetrate the deep dermis and sub-dermal layers.
How does it work?
Microneedling and radiofrequency is an advanced method of skin rejuvenation that stimulates the body’s natural healing process to encourage collagen production of the dermis resulting in anti-ageing and skin tightening. PUREDERMA can treat concerns such as hooded eyelids and improve skin laxity above the knees.
Using the insulated needles, PUREDERMA allows you to target both the deep dermis and epidermis layers of the skin as the energy moves throughout the entire surface area.
The radio-frequency wave penetrates the basal melanocyte barrier, heating the collagen fibres in the dermis to 55°C-65°C. Stimulating the body’s natural healing process and as cell turnover increases as the body heal, this results in the production of collagen and elastin in these areas.
When will I see the Results?
Results can be instant following a one-off treatment. A course of three treatments is typically recommended for optimal results, with an annual maintenance treatment once per year to maintain results.
Treatment times typically range from 20-60 minutes, depending on the size of the area treated.
Post treatment advice
- Your skin may appear slightly red and swollen after treatment, these effects usually resolve within a few hours but may last up to 5 days. You may also experience some mild tenderness, numbness or tingling in the treatment area, these effects should resolve within 7 days. Contact your practitioner if you are concerned about the healing process.
- A cold compress may help with swelling as well as sleeping propped up on 3 pillows overnight to help fluid drainage.
- You may experience some bruising which may last 1-2 weeks. You can use arnica cream on the bruised area to help with resolution.
- Uncommonly you may experience some lumps or nodules afterwards in the treated area, these should resolve within 2 weeks in most cases.
- Rarely you may experience some skin pigmentation changes, these usually resolve within 6 months. Contact your practitioner if you are concerned at any stage.
- If you experience any discomfort after treatment, you can take a simple over the counter pain killer such as paracetamol.
- Drink plenty of water to keep hydrated after treatment.
- Avoid makeup for 48 hours after treatment, as this can reduce the risk of infection.
- Use a mild cleanser with tepid water to clean your face for 3 days after the treatment and gently dry the treated area. Keep your hands clean when touching your face.
Always apply a SPF of at least 40 sunscreen
When is treatment not advisable
We will of course review your medical history in full during your consultation to ensure this treatment is suitable for you.
- Avoid any perfumes, fake tan, or other harsh chemicals for 72 hours after treatment because these can irritate the skin.
- Avoid picking, rubbing, or scratching the treated area.
- Avoid excess caffeine and alcohol for 48 hours after treatment.
- Avoid extreme temperatures of hot or cold for 72 hours, including hot baths, saunas, or steam rooms.
- Avoid any excess sun exposure or sunbeds for 2 weeks after treatment, for the next 2 weeks use an SPF sunscreen 30 or greater.
- Avoid any strenuous exercise or swimming for 72 hours after treatment.
- Avoid any cosmetic procedures such as Botox, dermal filler or hair removal until your practitioner says it is safe to have this done. This would usually be 1-2 weeks after.
- Avoid any skin retinols, AHA’s or glycolic/ salicylic acid for 7 days as these can irritate the skin.
- Avoid any skin exfoliation regimen for 72 hours after treatment or until the initial redness and swelling has settled.
- Use a regular moisturising cream on the treated area.
- Avoid any hair removal treatments such as waxing for 2 weeks after treatment or until the initial redness and swelling has resolved.
- You must seek medical attention and contact your practitioner if you experience any signs or symptoms of infection after treatment. Infection can present as hot, red shiny skin, there may be pus formation and you may have a fever or feel generally unwell.
- Contact your practitioner as soon as possible if you notice any unwanted side effects.
- Your practitioner will inform you when your next treatment is due. If you are advised to attend a follow up appointment, please make every effort to attend them.
You should do this even if you believe that the recovery process is going well, and you cannot see that there are any visible complications. It is essential that you have read all the information available. Once you have read and understood all the below, please sign the declaration at the bottom of this form.
PUREDERMA allows you to experience the benefits of a facelift without the need for surgery. Areas can include face, neck & décolletage
1 area x 3 Sessions – £825
2 area’s x 3 sessions – £1,025
This treatment is inclusive of 15 minutes LED Light Therapy and an AlumierMD Recovery.
Book An Appointment
Or call 07825 059006