Anti Wrinkle Injections
What are Wrinkle Relaxing Injections?
- A very small needle is used so there is minimal discomfort during the procedure which only takes a few minutes. We offer treatments to forehead lines, frown lines, crow’s feet and nose (bunny) lines. We also treat sagging jowls and wrinkles in the neck (Platysmal bands)
How does it work?
- Botulinum toxin type A blocks the release of a substance called acetylcholine, which is a chemical signal sent from nerves to muscles to enable them to contract. When a small amount is injected into selected muscles groups it temporarily reduces their activity and as a result relaxes and softens fine lines and wrinkles in the overlying skin
Are the effects Permanent?
- It takes up to 2 weeks to fully take effect and on average lasts up to 3 months (although it may be longer after several treatments).
Post treatment advice
- To maximize the effectiveness of the injections in the treated area:
- Refrain from touching the injected area and stay upright for 4 hours post treatment. Avoid applying makeup for up to 12 hours. Avoid vigorous exercise or alcohol for 24 hours after treatment and any facials for up to 72 hours. Avoid extreme sun exposure, UV light, freezing temperatures and sauna/steam rooms / jacuzzis for 2 weeks after treatment.
- We provide a free follow up consultation 2 weeks after your treatment to review the results.
Potential side effects
- Side effects are usually minimal and most commonly related to the injection procedure such as mild swelling and redness, occasionally bruising will occur. Other side effects will depend on the exact site of injection and we will discuss this further with you prior to any treatments.
When is treatment not advisable
- Most people can have this treatment. However, you should NOT have this treatment if you are pregnant or breastfeeding or if you have any complex neurological disorders such as Myasthenia Gravis, Eaton Lambert syndrome or Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Wrinkle relaxing treatment may not be advisable if you have an immune system disorder or are taking certain medications. We will of course review your medical history in full during your consultation to ensure this treatment is suitable for you.
Anti Wrinkle Injections
Upper face (frown, forehead and crow’s feet):
1 area £145
2 areas £190
3 areas £235
Men extra £40 due to muscle strength
Extra Area £55
Lower face prices in addition to upper face:
Bunny lines £55
Smoker’s lip lines £55
Gummy smile £55
Lip flip £55
Downturned smile £55
Wrinkly chin £55
Nasal flare or downturned tip £55
Book An Appointment
Or call 07825 059006